Wednesday, April 4, 2012

^.^ Handmade items and art fairs!

I love it when I find cute items that are made by hand by local artisans. Craft and art fairs are fantastic places to find one-of-a-kind goods that no one else will have, and you can support the local art economy at the same time.  Look for art fairs advertised in the local newspapers (they often don't have big budgets for advertising) or on your city's public website. Some art fairs have a small admission fee to cover costs. Also, be sure to pick up the business cards of the artists whose work you would seriously consider buying at a future time. Although tempting, don't just grab business cards as keepsakes: it costs them money to print and they generally don't have large budgets. Art fairs are also excellent for finding gifts. Get your Christmas shopping done way ahead of time!

 

I found this cutie at a local art fair for an extremely fair price. Never seen anything quite like again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! It’s me, Mikk! (The French boy, photographer, English exam ... you see?) ^^

    So, I went through your blog and I found it really cool. :) Your pictures are better than what you hear let him ^ ^ and I could give you some tips if you want.

    I post on this photo because it's my favorite. It's you who made it? Light plays really well, the colors flash and the white background highlights! You have potential ;)

    I especially wanted to ask you if you had an email address because I wanted to send you a message but cannot on Skype when the other person is offline ... -_-' And with the time difference there will be a little difficult to talk regularly, it would be easier to talk while waiting to meet again on Skype.

    I let my Skype connected all night for you to answer me. :)

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete